When to refer

Staff should refer decisions about sharing personal data to the relevant senior decision maker or department responsible for the information.

Guidance for staff who receive an enquiry from the police or other agency requesting the University shares personal data about a student or staff membe

How to deal with a media enquiry about a member of university staff or a student

What to do when you receive an allegation of fraud or misrepresentation

Guidance for staff who receive a court order to share personal information

Guidance for staff on receiving requests to verify degrees

How to deal with requests for large scale disclosure of personal data

Requests to share information about students relating to visas and immigration